Thursday, August 8, 2013

"The Bugle"

Chandler Ryd


i hear the distant bugle blows,
i can’t escape the echoing call and i can’t remember
the tunnel the train comes nor the home the train goes.
i feel, but i still move through the viscous air
that clogs my judgement.
trust your heart, my mother once said.
from my chest the rope then led,
tugging me to the station.
Rumble thundered through my feet,
advancing under the engine’s beat.
The bugle called me forth--
calling me, calling for me now.
the tug i felt i can’t explain,
yet then I board that bugle train.


I hear the distant bugle blows.
Her name is Fate, some say,
travelling a wrought-iron track.
But I hear the nearing bugle, feel the rumbling train.
Fate is coming back.
I take my steps and guide my eyes.
I climb the train because here I rise.
I map my track with faith, mind, and heart.
And we are wed ‘till death due us part.

Like the poem? Let me know your thoughts in the comments and share it with your friends!

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! you have a way with words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Be sure to check back soon for more poetry. And I might have a short story or several waiting up my sleeve. ;)

      Delete
  2. hi Chandler! i totally understand the feeling about needing to focus on your own writing. just wondering if i can share this Bugle poem as a post on my site. www.pilgrimspoem.com

    it would be more like link sharing than anything else -- and i like this poem so figure maybe you'd be willing to post it there too??

    ReplyDelete