Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I'm Here

A poem for those who have a special someone on Valentines Day. Make it magical.
Be sure to check out the lamenting companion piece, "I Used to Walk Backward."



There is a whole field of them
I have walked amongst them
and kicked their blossoms over my shoulder
was recovering was tripping
now quiet calm I’m here
I’m here.

Realizing took time
eyes dry real
I found myself there
red is for blood but if I don’t bleed
I might as well be alone
so are roses
a whole field of them at my disposal.

Shivers in my fingertips
lips of the sun is eclipsed by your smile
red too as we tremble together.
There is a whole field of them, I swear, I swear.
I don’t care.
I’m here.

Be sure to share "I'm Here" to loved ones and friends. 
And remember, friends: wherever you are, be all there, and always be there.

Image Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment